Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Cool Education Blogs

http://www.handheldlearning.co.uk/content/view/61/
     I found this to be a very interesting article and a good topic for discussion with some friends.  I don't agree with the author that a four year old should play with an i-phone.  My friend pointed out that a child should not be staring at a screen for so long at such an early age and I agree.  I am heartily for teaching children to learn with technology, but I do not think that giving them an i-phone is the best way that they can learn.

2 comments:

  1. This will be a great issue to discuss in class! Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I glanced at the article and I had to actually focus on lifting my jaw--I can't believe that this man let his four-year-old have an iPhone. It doesn't matter that the phone function is disabled, who cares! I don't think that that is the bigger issue here. I totally agree with you! Learn from/with technology: great idea! Give children expensive gadgets of their own: not good idea!

    ReplyDelete