Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Weekly Reflections 11-12

Reflection #11
     The internet is such a great asset to people.  You can pretty much look up anything you want and find a bunch of sites.  For instance, when my brother played with a rubix cube  some of the middle squares poped out.  Of course he wasn't all to careful in putting them back the way that they were supposed to go, making the cube completely unsolvable.  Fortunately I found a site on the internet that showed where all of the colors go and how to fix it.  That was a big relief to me.  But you can look up other things too such as math problems, science concepts, or language patterns, which is rather beneficial if you do not understand something.

Reflection #12
     My Uncle and his family came up for Thanksgiving this year.  He teaches AP Calculus at a high school down in Oregon.  I noticed while he was working on some lesson plans, that he was creating them on Promethean software.  I asked him if he used the Promethean Boards at his high school and he said yes.  He then asked me if we had them here at NU, but I said that we had the SMART Boards.  We talked for a little bit about the boards and he asked how I like them.  I told him that they were super cool and a lot of fun to play with or create lessons.  It was interesting to see how in just one year my Uncle went from writing out his lessons on paper to bringing his laptop and working with the Promethean program.  It's amazing to see how quickly advanced technology begins to spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment