Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Weekly Reflections 1-2

Reflection #1
     In most of my classes, I have had to use technology in order to complete assignments.  I have used Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Excel.  Now in Environmental Science,  my sister has to use more advanced functions within Excel.  As I was helping her find some of these functions, I realized that there were a lot of functions in Excel that I had never used before and had no idea how to use them.  I decided to go through and figure out what some of them did.  I not only figured out how to use the t-test, but I also learned that Excel can do calculations for some high level math.  I was pretty impressed at how far Excel had come since I learned how to use it in 2003.

Reflection #2
     This week I spent a lot of time playing with the smart board software.  It's amazing what can be done with this technology.  I decided to choose a game from the website and then when I finished writing a question, I asked my roommate to answer them.  It was fun to work out all of the errors in the game.  It took plenty of time, but the time seemed to go by pretty quickly.  There are so many different features on this software and I am sure that I have not even figured out half of what can be done with this software.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! Glad to see you experimenting with what's out there.

    ReplyDelete