Monday, October 11, 2010

Weekly Reflections 5-6

Reflection #5

Hetty King, Sarah Stanley, Alec, Felicity, Janet, Olivia, and Cecily King.
     As I watched a few episodes of one of my favorites series, "Road to Avonlea,"  I found myself watching how Miss Hetty King got her students interested in their studies.  She had no tolerance for any fun and games; Hetty instructed, the students listened, and answered questions when needed.  When Hetty told a student how to work the problem, it was in the same manner.  This particular style of teaching is not the favorite style among students and often leads to boredom or lack of interest.  Although, there will always be students who do not enjoy school, our job as a teacher is to create a fun learning environment where students are engaged while learning.  With new technology and different styles of teaching, I want to be able to teach the students that school is not just about sitting in class listening to a lecture, but rather where the students can learn the facts through discovery, visual and direct teaching. I hope to get the students excited about school and learning.

Reflection #6
 
     Ooh!  I have found the many wonders of using Wordle.  When I first tried to use it, the site would not work for me.  It took me a while to figure out that I needed to have the Java software on my computer in order for the program to work.  Once I had figured that out, I had a blast making up some super cool Wordles of my favorite words.

No comments:

Post a Comment